Logging in Navigating the site Purchasing products and memberships Taking part in elections Sports Club and Society Website Guide (pdf) Sports Club and Society Website Guide (doc)
Logging in to BathStudent.com
1. Click the blue "Log In" button at the top right of the screen
2. If you are a student, click the green "Log In with single sign on" button. If you are a guest, SU staff member or associate member, please use the Username and Password fields on the right hand side then click the "Log In" button below.
PLEASE NOTE:University staff do not have access to BathStudent.com
3. If you have any problems logging in to the site please contact email@example.com
Navigating the site
1. The drop-down menus at the top of every page take you to the most popular and important pages within each area of the site
2. The navigation menu on the left hand side of most pages shows all pages and sub-pages within the area of the site that you are currently looking at
3. Click the green Search button at the top right of every page to open a search bar - you can type any phrase in here and then click the green Search button again or press Enter on your keyboard.
4. The search results page is split in to different content types based on what you searched for (only content types with results will be shown), ordered as follows:
Clubs, Societies, Groups, Departments
Purchasing products and memberships
1. Find the membership or product you want to buy. All Clubs and Societies have their membership listed on the left hand side of their pages. Most other products will have an "Add to Basket" button
2. Once you have added something to your basked you will get a confirmation message
3. Click on the blue "Basket" button at the top of the page.
4. From the drop-down that appears, you can remove items or continue by clicking "Review Basket"
Taking part in elections
1. Check the times of nomination and voting periods to ensure the election is currently running
2. Click the "Stand In Election" link - if you cannot see this link, then either the nominations are not open yet or you will see a message explaining why you are not eligible to nominate yourself
3. Check/change your display name and contact details then click "Save"
4. Each post in the election will be listed. Find the post/s you wish to stand for and click the appropriate "Stand" link
5. Confirm by clicking "Submit Nomination"
6. You can now upload a manifesto and image for others to see (you can do this later - see part 9) and also withdraw from the election at any time
7. Add an image and click "Upload" and/or add some manifesto text and click "Save" (make sure you check the election rules to find out the maximum word count your manifesto can be)
8. Make sure you click "Preview Manifesto" to ensure your image and manifesto text looks the way you want it to
9. You can review and change your manifesto and image by clicking "Review nominations" from the main elections page
Please Note: For inquiries about elections please email firstname.lastname@example.org or for complaints please email email@example.com