The staff are here to work alongside the Sport Officer and help students with any queries they may have related to student sport here at Bath. If you want to know anything related to student sport then do drop into the Sports and Societies Office on Level 2 of the Student Centre, we don't bite, promise.
Name: Will Galloway
Role: Students’ Union Sport Officer
Tel: 01225 38 (4092)
Hi I’m Will, the Students’ Union Sports Officer. Being Sport Officer means I work alongside staff to support students in their sporting endeavours. More importantly I take on the role of representing students and their views to the university and national organisations. This can be through Sport or the Students Union as a whole.
Name: Polly Hawker
Role: Activities Manager
Tel: 01225 38 (3994)
Hi, I’m Polly! I manage the activities office and all its staff – this includes societies as well as sport.
- To manage all aspects of work and staff within Student Unions‘ Sport and Societies area.
- Develop student activities in-line with relevant Student’ Union and University strategies.
- Work with and support the Sports and Activities student officers.
- Supervise and manage annual budgets.
- Oversee large area events.
- Work with student groups on Health and Safety regulations and best practice.
Name: Jo Dixon
Role: Sports Coordinator
Tel: 01225 38 (3263)
Hi, I’m Jo! I look after BUCS League, our 48 sports clubs, perform general tasks and undertake various projects throughout the year.
Name: Hannah Tyre
Role: Sports Coordinator
Tel: 01225 38 (6607)
Hi, I'm Hannah! I mainly look after BUCS Tournaments. I also oversee all club development officers and perform general tasks and undertake various projects throughout the year.
Name: Matt Price
Role: Workforce Development Officer
Tel: 01225 38 (4106)
Hi, I’m Matt! My main responsibility is to run the 3:thirty club – the University of Bath’s social activities offer. I also oversee the volunteer recognition scheme which rewards student leaders for all their hard work.
Name: Dinah Darby
Role: Activities Administrator
Tel: 01225 38 (3775)
Hi, I'm Dinah! I support the activities office and student clubs in all tasks and projects.
Name: Ryan Jones
Role: Sports Development Coordinator
Hi, I'm Ryan! I am the current placement student in the Activities Office, my responsibilities include:
- Tracking of points gained per term/sport against target
- Highlight and advise on changes to the team-individual entries to maximise points gained
- Highlight rule changes that will affect points target
- Supporting events delivered by either SU sport or DSDR where appropriate
- Growth and development of recruitment plan to support BUCS strategy
- Work with chosen sports across the year to develop their competitive recreational structure
- Support SU Sport staff in the achievement of clubmark for a set number of student clubs
- Engage National Governing Bodies to support higher education volunteer officer roles
- Delivery of Sport England Activation Fund objectives