The Advice and Representation Centre supports the Diversity and Support Groups.
These groups are run with the aim to provide advice, information and support to students. They are an important part of the University of Bath Students' Union and exist to ensure that your experiences here at Bath are a lot of fun and excitement, not of loneliness and confusion.
Their two main fuctions are:
To act as a facilitator for students in that group to share mutual support, whether that be by sharing of information/support or socialising.
To act as a mechanism for students in that group to share their experiences thoughts and concerns about life as a student at Bath so this can be passed on to inform and initiate policy/practical changes through the the Students' Union and University.
The Advice and Representation Centre's Diversity and Support Groups
- Enable - for any student with a disability or medical condition which affects your physical or mental health, or a learning support need.
- Erasmus and Exchange - to provide support and help to students visiting Bath form abroad.
- Gender Equality - to discuss and represent gender equality issues.
- LGBT+ - for all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Trans students.
- Nightline - confidential listening service
- Race Equality Group - to discuss and represent race equality issues.
- International Student Association - all international students at the University of Bath
- Postgraduate Association - all Postgraduate students at the University of Bath
- Mature Students Group - for any student parent or students with caring responsibilities, or student who is over the age of 21 when they begin their studies at the University of Bath
- Student Minds - campaigns and support for mental health
If you are organising an event or activity ensure that you complete a risk assessment form and bring it to the Advice and Representation Centre Level 3 Student Centre before your event or activity.
The Diversity & Support Exec
The Diversity & Support Exec Committee co-ordinate and support the above groups (excluding the ISA and PGA, each of which has a separate exec committee), as well as working on a variety of representational issues. The committee includes a rep from each group, the VP Community & Diversity and five positions elected from all students, elections for which will appear below: